Why should I choose a Transatlantic Voyage with Cunard?
A Transatlantic Crossing between Southampton and New York is one of the ‘must do’ life experiences and is on many peoples ‘bucket list’.
Steeped in romance, history and elegance a transatlantic crossing aboard the world’s only true ocean liner is the perfect way to start or end a visit to New York; one of the most exciting cities on earth.
Recently re-mastered the Queen Mary 2 is looking better than ever following her 2016 refurbishment.
Eastbound or Westbound – what’s the best way to cross?
Westbound – Sail from Southampton to New York
- Begin your holiday as soon as you reach Southampton.
- Crossing time zones means you get 25-hour days on board and no jet lag.
- Seeing the Verazzano-Narrows Bridge, Manhattan Skyline and Statue of Liberty up close.
- Having time to explore with the flexibility to fly home when you choose*.
- Transfer to New York airport or extend their stay in the city*
- Overnight flight back to London or make your own onward travel arrangements.
Eastbound – Fly from London to New York
- Fly straight to the heart of the Big Apple.
- Go shopping in celebrated stores or see a Broadway show.
- Have no luggage limits on your return sailing home.
- Bid Manhattan a spectacular sunset farewell from deck.
- Unwin completely over seven leisurely nights.
- Wake up in Southampton, free from jet lag.
- Spend as long as you like in New York*
- Transfer to Queen Mary 2*
- Sail New York – Southampton
- Disembark in Southampton.
* Terms and conditions apply.
Ever wished you had more time? On a Westbound Transatlantic crossing you get 25 hours a day and no jet lag!
Who is a typical Transatlantic passenger?
- Aged 55-70 years
- Often passengers looking for something different to the norm.
- An upgrade from another cruise brand
- Celebrating a special occasion
- Wanting to avoid flying to the USA
What makes a Cunard crossing different to any other cruise lines?
- Renowned White Star Service
– Embarkation assistance by white-gloved crew
– White gloved Afternoon Tea service
- The only regular Transatlantic service.
- The world’s only true ocean liner
The FIRST (…at sea)
– Veuve Clicquot Champagne bar
– Canyon Ranch SpaClub®
The LARGEST (…at sea)
– Dance Floor
- Cunard Grills Accommodation Experience
– The best of the best
– Luxurious suites
– Intimate restaurants
– Exclusive benefits.
OK – but what else could I find to do aboard?
- Royal Astronomical Society workshop
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art classes
- Expert lecturers
- Celebrity speakers
- Special interest programmes.
Can children go?
Yes – indeed the ship has some excellent children’s facilities aboard:
- Children’s clubs :
– The Playzone (ages 2-7)
– The Zone (ages 8-12)
– The Teen Zone (ages 13-17)
- Children’s pool
- Video arc
Will I find enough to do though?
With six or seven full days at sea on a ship designed for Transatlantic Crossings, you’ll find more choices available than you actually have time for and often wishing for longer time away!
Ready to book your dream cruise?
The choices you have for your cruise holiday are almost endless and this is the great reason why a cruise will perfectly meet your needs. That choice is another reason why you should seek expert advice when making your selection.
If you would like to discuss or book any of the cruise holidays featured or have a general holiday enquiry, please feel free to contact me!
01304 897830 (UK passengers only)
Terms & conditions:
These offers are brought to you by Travel Counsellors Ltd and some of our selected cruise partners. Where we are acting as an agent for another cruise supplier, the booking will be subject to the individual terms and conditions of that supplier. The holiday will be bonded by that supplier’s ATOL licence in respect of a package cruise holiday inclusive of a flight or alternatively their ABTA bond on ex UK cruises.
Where we have created the package ourselves, the holiday will be covered under our own Travel Counsellors ATOL licence. Full details of the ATOL protection that applies to each individual holiday will be supplied at the time of booking. The itineraries described in this brochure are subject to change at the discretion of the supplier.
The offers contained within it are subject to availability at time of booking and can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Certain itineraries may be subject to a fuel surcharge.
Any photos of staterooms, cabins or suites used may not be an exact representation of what the price or offer includes. All prices and special offers featured are correct at the time of going to press and may be subject to departure tax, ticket on departure charges or a passenger APC charge.
Alongside ATOL protection which covers air holiday packages and charter flights, Travel Counsellors operates its own independent Financial Trust which protects every other element of its customers’ bookings including low cost flights, accommodation, scheduled flights, car hire. Printed December 2016.