OCEAN MEDALLION™ by Princess Cruises
Princess Cruises is to launch ‘Medallion Class’, an electronic wristband that replaces your cruise card – set to streamline boarding, on board purchases, excursions and much more.
Make the most of your cruise time. Be inspired to see and do more than ever. With Ocean Medallion Class, you can experience a truly personalized and effortless cruise experience, so you can do more of what you love.
The technology debuts on Princess Cruises® starting November 13, 2017 on Regal Princess® | January 19, 2018 on Royal Princess® | March 18, 2018 on Caribbean Princess®
How does it work?
The small coin like device worn on a wristband holds your unique digital identity and communicates with readers throughout each ship and in select ports. It allows the crew to know who you are and serve you better. (For example, your food & drink preferences, or if you love snorkeling, they might suggest a popular snorkeling excursion at an upcoming port of call.) That’s in addition to using Ocean Medallion for payments, unlocking your stateroom door, speeding up embarkation and much more.
Think of Ocean Compass as your personal concierge, a guide that you can access everywhere – on touchscreens throughout the ship, your stateroom TV and your own mobile devices. Ocean Compass uses your unique digital identity to provide everything you need at that moment, like suggestions for activities and directions to them, along with recommendations and reservations for the future. Ocean Compass makes it easy, so you don’t have to wait in line and can enjoy more of your precious vacation time. Using Ocean Compass is not mandatory to have an amazing holiday. But the more you engage with it, the more you’ll see the exciting & unexpected opportunities available on your cruise.
- Streamlines and expedites the port embarkation and disembarkation process
- Allows you to access your stateroom as you approach the door (no keycard required)
- Locates friends and family around the cruise ship
- Enables you to purchase merchandise without any transaction, cards or paper
- Delivers enhanced dining experiences based on food and beverage preferences
- Powers an array of interactive gaming and immersive entertainment experiences
- Significantly enhances interactions with crew members and guests (for example, a room attendant or bartender will have the ability to assist you with booking Lotus Spa services or speciality dining reservations)